This page has moved to a new address.

An Evening at the Theatre... (What I'm Wearing/OOTD)

Curvy Canadian: An Evening at the Theatre... (What I'm Wearing/OOTD)

Monday, March 21, 2011

An Evening at the Theatre... (What I'm Wearing/OOTD)

Hey Everyone,

I got free tickets for this past Saturday to see a play by my school's drama department because I work as an instructor in the department. It was called "An Experiment with an Air Pump." I didn't know what it was about going into it, so I had no idea what to expect, but it actually turned out to be pretty awesome. It explores the roles of science and ethics in our society, as well as shifting gender roles. All the action takes place in the same house, but 200 years apart. One story line is set in 1799 (people are concerned about the ethics of dissecting dead human bodies to gain medical knowledge), whereas the other is in 1999 (people are concerned about the ethics of stem-cell research). I dragged the bf along with me (as I did last weekend for another play [from the 1500s], which he thoroughly hated). Luckily, he enjoyed this one more! I decided to wear a nice outfit and, after much begging, he took some pictures for me (he was embarrased that people were seeing him photograph my feet). Anyways, here's the outfit. Hope you like it!





Cape - ASOS Curve/Dress/Belt - Dorothy Perkins/Necklace - Tiffany's (a gift from my sister)/Purse - CBX (Costa Blanca Accessories/Shoes - Torrid

What do you all think of this outfit? I had one girl compliment me and tell me she loved my dress! That sort of stuff makes my day. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for a new outfit very soon (maybe tomorrow or Wednesday).

PS - I went to Value Village this weekend and got a couple of things for a really good bargain. Look for them in the near future. I am also thinking about doing a vlog about thrifting. Would any of you guys be interested in that? I'd love to hear your feedback!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 21, 2011 1:58:00 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lemieux said...

I just wanted to let you know that I was feeling lower than low last week. I'm a plus size (size 22-24) and I was especially down about my size that day. However - reading your blod, and seeing the stores you've found and just reading the inspiring and loving words you had to say about yourself made me stop and think about myself.

Thank you for being such a strong woman and coming on here and loving yourself. Many women could learn something from you - and I'm greatful I could be one of them. Keep up the blog - and I love your outfits!

Sincerely-
PLus Size 24

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:45:00 PM , Blogger Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

Awe hahahaha this is so flippin’ adorable:) I think its hilarious about your boyfriend! Hahaha that would be pretty funny to see a guy taking a picture of his gals feet! Hahaha I still don’t have anyone to take my pictures because I’m still tooooooo toooooo embarrassed to ask anyone (even my boyfriend). I’m stuck taking my own! I love those shoes so it was ok that he took the embarrassment. I just love the whole outfit though! THAT DRESS is too cute! Where did you get it? Also I would be very interested in a thrifting blog…I NEED SOME TIPS!!!!

OHHHHH and thanks for putting me on your blogroll! That’s super sweet:)

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:29:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

@Stephanie - *Virtual Hugs* Wow, I am so glad to hear that I have inspired you! Thank you for posting to let me know. It's really great to see that after reaching out (which was difficult at first, but is becoming easier and easier). I hope you continue to read and be inspired!

@Rosy - Thanks! Does your family/bf know about your blog? You should tell them! My people have all been so supportive! It took me awhile to get my head around "going public" with my blog - it was sort of just a personal diary for awhile, and then I let everyone on FB know about it after I mentioned it to some of my family members after a few cocktails, lol. Liquid courage, I guess! Glad you like the outfit. The dress was from Dorothy Perkins, which goes up to a US18. Love their stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home