This page has moved to a new address.

Conference Day 3 Outfit

Curvy Canadian: Conference Day 3 Outfit

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Conference Day 3 Outfit

Hey Guys,

So this is the outfit I wore to day three of the conference in Michigan. I attended some great panels this day and made some wonderful contacts. The Saturday of the conference is usually a bit more casual, hence, the denim jacket. After the panels were done for the day, I was able to go and do a little bit of shopping. I went to Dots, Target, and Marshalls. Pretty awesome stuff. The manager at the Kalamazoo Dots store was SO helpful, and I found so many great clothes there. And the prices are great! She made lots of suggestions and helped me decide on some items by getting me belts, shrugs, shoes, etc. Such fantastic service for such an economical store! Target was awesome too. At first, I was majorly disappointed because I went to their plus size section and the stuff was the same old blah stuff you find in most Canadian department stores. But then, I decided to go check out some of the straight-size items to see if I could find anything oversized and/or stretchy, and I realized that their straight sizes go up to a 2X! YAY! Again, I found so much that I loved. Their summer dresses are just gorgeous. I was also able to pick up some really cheap colourful tights in my size ($5/pair). Usually I can only find black here, and when I do, they are like $15/pair. So I was really happy to find pink, purple, coral, navy, teal, and even a pair with a floral pattern. They seem really durable and they stay up pretty well, so I would say they are a good wardrobe investment. And the shoes! Wow! So cheap and so comfy. Loving it. I made one last stop at Marshalls, where I was able to pick up a pair of awesomely comfy damask pjs (which, I will confess, is what I'm wearing now) and a nice dress that I plan to wear to a wedding I have coming up (which I got for $20). Physically and financially exhausted, Peter and I then retired to the Olive Garden for dinner (we used to have Olive Garden in Canada, but then it wasn't making money). I love Olive Garden and whenever I am in the states I make sure I get there at least once. It brings back fond childhood memories since it was the place where my family had dinner on my communion day. So all in all, it was a great trip and I am super jealous of our US counterparts for having way better plus options than us. What about you guys? Do you cross-border shop? I am thinking about making a list of my favourite cross-border stores on here along with their strengths. What are your favourite cross-border shopping destinations?






Jacket - Dots/Dress - ASOS Curve/Belt - Forever 21+/Shoes - American Eagle via Payless/Briefcase - Thrifted/Necklace, earrings, and scarf tied onto briefcase - Dollarama/Bracelets - Crafted (beaded) by me

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 20, 2011 10:46:00 AM , Blogger Rikke said...

Oh, this is totally what I'm about right now, too. I love the white with wooden and brown accessories and denim. Super cute!

http://stickysweetdanish.blogspot.com

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! What a great post.....I too am a PhD student in Ontario and dressing for a conference is always a challenge!! Love your blog!
- A New Follower

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home