This page has moved to a new address.

A Fantastic Weekend!

Curvy Canadian: A Fantastic Weekend!

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Fantastic Weekend!

Hey Everyone!

I had a really fantastic weekend, what about you? It is SO hot and humid in Toronto right now. Peter snapped these pictures so quickly because it was sweltering outside and we wanted to get back into the air conditioning! My family took me out for brunch to celebrate me passing my PhD field exams and brought me a big bouquet of flowers! My niece even painted me a beautiful ceramic wall hanging that says "Dreams." So sweet! It was just the ladies at brunch, so we got a chance to catch up. It was awesome. We started out on the patio at about 10, but it got so hot so quickly that we had to move inside.

I think it's finally hitting me that all I have left to do before I graduate is write my dissertation. I am so excited to get down to work on it! I finally get to write solely about what interests me. I am also looking forward to finishing and defending my thesis so that I can finally get full-time work, get married and (eventually) start a family... Not to mention all the fantastic clothes that I will be able to afford once I'm working full-time.

I saw these murals in Etobicoke (one part of Toronto) that I really loved, and I wanted to make sure I took some pictures in front of them at some point. Peter and I decided to go down this weekend to take them. Is there anything like this in your city?



































Skirt - Giant Tiger/Top - Redress NYC via Forever 21/Shoes - Target/Earrings and Mirror Necklace - Forever 21/Bangle and other necklaces- Thrifted/Ring - Ardene

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 18, 2011 9:03:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

cute... i see you're wearing my favorite shirt!!!

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:16:00 PM , Blogger Judy C said...

I'd want to be in the water, not next to it. Really hot here too. I'm inside.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home