This page has moved to a new address.

Six Take: Celebrity Style - Kate Middleton

Curvy Canadian: Six Take: Celebrity Style - Kate Middleton

Monday, July 4, 2011

Six Take: Celebrity Style - Kate Middleton


Hey Everyone,

So remember a month ago I did a three-take on what I would wear to a wedding with Rikke from Sticky, Sweet Danish and Jessica from tooMANYsequins? Well we've added my room-mates from NYC as well! Welcome to Jessica from Chic in Every City, Yoli from Diva in Deep Thought, and Sarah from Queen Sized Flava made in Montreal! They will be joining us for these monthly features from now on.

This month we've decided to interpret our favourite celebrity's style for ourselves. I would say in terms of style, my favourite celebrity is Zoe Deschanel. She has a very pretty, feminine, and unique style, but my style is already so similar to hers and I wanted to try something different! Since Kate Middleton and Prince William are visit Canada at the moment (and everyone seems to have royal fever) I thought I would play along and use Kate as my style inspiration for this blog post. She's very feminine, proper, and conservative, she loves navy blue and has worn the military jacket look before, so I thought that's the way I would go with it.

I found an amazing vintage hat at Public Butter for $12 and I thought it would work perfectly for this post. What do you think? Did I capture the essence of Princess Kate's style? Make sure you visit the other beautiful bloggers' sites!

Suit - Thrifted (Vintage Christian Dior, damn they don't make 'em like this anymore.... $10!)/Hat - Vintage from Public Butter/Shoes - Costa Blanca/Clutch - Express






Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At Monday, July 04, 2011 12:25:00 AM , Blogger Gazel M. said...

You look absolutely amazing.
I am very jealous of your find.

bonjourgazel.com

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 12:25:00 AM , Anonymous Peter said...

You look awesome Hon. You're my modern day Princess =)

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 7:11:00 AM , Blogger Full of Fabulous said...

Great look on you! Where did you decide to go looking this fab?

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 7:14:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this look. And those shoes!!!! I also love that Peter left a comment. Love it!!!

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 8:48:00 AM , Blogger Chic in Every City said...

You look INCREDIBLE! I am coming up to canada to thrift wherever you do my dear....$10 christian dior?! that's nuts!

My adele post is up!!

xxJess

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 11:02:00 AM , Anonymous kenickiestreet said...

I need to go thrifting with you!

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 11:11:00 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

While Kate's style is much more sophisticated than mine I adore it! You nailed her look perfectly with the navy suit, nude pumps and clutch. Also, what an amazing find - the CD suit is amazing!!

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 11:44:00 AM , Blogger Thick Threads said...

wow you look absolutely amazing! You did an amazing job!
xo
A_Riot
www.thickthreads.net

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 12:00:00 PM , Blogger Joy said...

Oh, those shoes! And that Christian Dior, AMAZEBALLS....

Big Busty Broad

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 4:05:00 PM , Anonymous Malory.R said...

J'adore a tenue !
http://mesconfessionsparisiennes.wordpress.com :)

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 4:10:00 PM , Anonymous Ashe @ Dramatis Personae said...

The detail on those shoes are lovely! And you defintely managed to capture the essence of her style...

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 8:09:00 PM , Blogger Rikke said...

You totally captured Kate and you look amazing! How awesome is that suit? Very jealous! Gorgeous hat, too.

xoxo Rikke
http://stickysweetdanish.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:00:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE those shoes!

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:58:00 PM , Blogger SRS said...

you look incredible! i love the hat and shoes and the pleats on the skirt. AMAZING!

zezaftig.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:16:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where did you get those shoes!

 
At Friday, July 08, 2011 2:29:00 PM , Blogger Blythe and Charlotte said...

Wow those shoes are absolutely amazing! I love the color and the little details in back! And they go so well with that outfit!

-Charlotte
allesmode2010.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, July 11, 2011 9:40:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Wow! I am so floored by the overwhelming response this post got! Thank you so much, everyone! I had a really great time putting this post together, and my main bit of advice for thrifting - be very thorough. You never know what you're skipping over if you just browse casually. I found a banana republic purse a while ago for $3!

@Fabz - the shoes are from Costa Blanca Accessories (aka CBX)

Thanks for all the love, you guys! I am seriously blushing right now!

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:06:00 PM , Blogger Plus Size Vintage said...

the shoes are FAB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home