This page has moved to a new address.

Happy Mother's Day from Curvy Canadian and Penningtons

Curvy Canadian: Happy Mother's Day from Curvy Canadian and Penningtons

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Mother's Day from Curvy Canadian and Penningtons

When I was a little girl, my Mom would always dress my sisters and I in the most adorable outfits, even if it was just to go and play with our friends outside. As I got older, I guess I some of that dressing well wore off on me (and what I like to wear now is really not a lot different from what my Mom dressed me in when I was just a kid, lol).




















So this year, for Mother's Day, since my Mom is SO special and wonderful and deserving, I thought it would be really nice to return the favour and dress her for a change, so I contacted the wonderful people at Penningtons to see if they would help.


































Well, they kindly agreed and provided an AMAZING Mother-Daughter Shopping Day for the two of us, which was so much fun, and so wonderfully generous! My Mom was smiling from ear to ear all day, and the wonderful staff at the Heartland Town Centre location in Mississauga made us both feel so special.

From the moment we stepped through the doors, Shyrna, the Assistant Manager, and many other wonderful members of her team, were so helpful and assisted us in finding items and making our shopping experience fun and comfortable. Shyrna had pulled several pieces from the Summer 2012 collection and pre-styled them into suggested outfits for us, which I thought was so nice and helpful!




































We had our own rolling rack full of options to try on, and my Mom was feeling really pampered (and so was I, actually!). We perused the store's Summer collection and found so many pieces that were really pretty.


Checking out the different types of fit for the trousers

Looking through Penningtons' New Footwear Collection








Look Number 1


Look Number 2




Look Number 3

Look Number 4



Look Number 5

Look Number 7




Shyrna and the others making us laugh! Also, Look Number 8 for my Mom, a repeat for me

And now, the accessories! No outfit's complete without them!

Shyrna giving us some helpful suggestions!


And back to check out the new shoes again!







Shyrna rolling away the piles and piles of clothes we tried on!



YAY SHOPPING!!!!

We left looking and feeling absolutely amazing. SO many thanks to Penningtons!!!
























































































It was an absolutely fantastic day together that I'm sure neither of us will soon forget, and I have to give my heartfelt thanks to Penningtons for pulling out all the stops and providing a fantastic Mother-Daughter shopping spree day for us!

So I have to ask... I have my own personal favourites in terms of the outfits both my Mom and I tried on, but what are yours? My Mom and I have a little friendly bet going on which ones you'll all pick!

I also put together a short video chronicling our fantastic fashion day together if you're interested in checking it out!


Once again, I can't thank Penningtons enough. You should definitely check out their Summer collection (and new footwear line) for a little treat for yourself, or if you're considering treating your Mom to a fabulous day like mine had. Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there, especially my Mammy. Love you so much! ;)

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Sunday, May 06, 2012 9:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE these outfits. I shop a lot at Penningtons, and it was great to see how you (with staff help!) put these outfits together. Your mom is as beautiful as you are! I actually bought the little white "bolero" type jacket when I was in Penningtons yesterday so it's fun to see how you are wearing it. I love your blog!

Teresa

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2012 1:41:00 PM , Anonymous Belle said...

I loved outfits 1,2 4 & 5 on you most and outfits 2-5 on your mom. I'm stoked that Pennington's has shoes now! I'm planning a trip with friends to the Heartland store in two weeks mainly to check out the Penningtons :) I love that they've pretty much shed their old image (dowdy!) and are stocking much, much nicer stuff now. I just bought a gorgeous blue dress from the Penningtons at Wilson and the 401 yesterday when they were having the 50% of dresses sale. I've got a few weddings to go to this summer and have been searching for a dress since January! I was excited to finally pick one up - and for only $40!

 
At Monday, May 07, 2012 11:04:00 AM , Blogger alison said...

Penningtons has footwear now? Where was that press release! I'm definitely checking that out ASAP...

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:02:00 PM , Anonymous Jenny said...

You ladies look great and looks like you had a fun time. Shout out to my fellow Canadians!

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:35:00 PM , Anonymous Aislynn said...

Hey there, for look number five that you were wearing, what is the name of that top? Is it available online? I love it :)

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:19:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Glad you like it! Here's the link: http://www.1-plus.com/One-shoulder-ruched-tank-top/304193,default,pd.html?dwvar_304193_color=Acid%20Green&start=6&cgid=PE-Apparel-Tops&prefn1=colorFamily&prefv1=Green

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:26:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

And the little white jacket on top is http://www.1-plus.com/Twill-crop-jacket/706245,default,pd.html?dwvar_706245_color=White&start=12&cgid=PE-Apparel-Tops&prefn1=colorFamily&prefv1=White

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:45:00 PM , Anonymous Aislynn said...

Thank you, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the single shoulder, but the jacket looks great over the top :)

 
At Monday, July 02, 2012 1:15:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I love the jacket you wore into the store! Do you mind me asking where you got it?

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:02:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

No problem! http://www.yourbigsisterscloset.com/Cropped_Blazer_with_Military_Style_Buttons/p1210286_6165311.aspx

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:03:00 AM , Anonymous Susan Plus Size said...

I wish shopping was always this fun! Looks like you had a great day with Mom.

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:04:00 AM , Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said...

I love all of the outfits, a nice range of styles too. And accessories!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home