This page has moved to a new address.

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 4 - The Retailers' and Boutiques' Runway Show and Awards Show Finale

Curvy Canadian: Full Figured Fashion Week Day 4 - The Retailers' and Boutiques' Runway Show and Awards Show Finale

Monday, June 25, 2012

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 4 - The Retailers' and Boutiques' Runway Show and Awards Show Finale

Hey Guys,

Day four was the last day of Full Figured Fashion Week, and I was a bit sad since it always means having to say bye to all the fabulous new friends you've made. The only comfort was the fantastic dress lent to me by Jovani, a designer who has dressed all sorts of fabulous celebrities from Paris Hilton to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, even Selena Gomez. I was super excited when I found out they would be dressing me for this event!!! 

The morning of the finale, I went to go get my hair done, but the curls proceeded to fall right out and they didn't make an appearance at the event, d'oh. My hair is just too heavy, and it clearly won't hold a curl, but that doesn't stop me from trying! I wanted to go with a vintage deep pin curl look, but by the time the event rolled around, only the ends were just curled under, lol. After that, I went to grab some jewels at one of the many shops in the 6th Avenue/36th Street area. Man, I wish we had cool stores like that in Toronto! After picking up my bling, I went to meet Jess at the hotel and we got ready together!

She looked totally stellar, and once we were ready to go, we hoped in a taxi down to the Broad Street Ballroom for the Runway Finale and Awards Show. 

We got to walk the red carpet and socialize with lots of the designers who showed their clothes the night before, as well as some other fashionable ladies in the industry. 

The red carpet...





Beck, Meaghan, and Monique
Sarah looking fabulous!!!
Fashion Front members Ty and Caitlin hard at work, tweeting all about FFFWeek
Reconnecting with Full Figured Fashion Week's model of the year, Ashley Graham
Me with Madeleine Figueroa Jones, Editor in Chief of Plus Model Mag
I love this pic of me and Olivia from Wait Until the Sunset - she is such a fun, positive, outgoing, person! And she's the one that got engaged on the white cruise! <3
Two babes I've been wanting to meet for a looooong time - Nicole from A Well Rounded Venture, and Rebecca from The Plus Side of Me
A few members of the Fashion Front

Rikke and I 
The fashions featured at this show were all from boutiques and retailers, instead of individual designers. Here are a few of my favourite looks from the evening. Once again, thank you so much to Danimezza for these beautiful shots!





By Monif C. 
The Monif C. Espana Ruffle Swimsuit (also available in red)







After the show and awards, Ashley Graham invited me and Peter out for dinner with her, her hubby Justin, and Marcy Guevara from HelloStyle Channel and the Marie Claire column "Big Girl in a Skinny World." We ended up sipping wine, chatting, and nibbling on pizza out on a patio of a restaurant along Stone Street. I had a really fantastic time hanging out with them! Ashley's husband Justin is also really cool. Very charming and dapper!




Aww... So cute!!! A really lovely couple. 

Ashley let me hold her Alexander McQueen for a little while... I didn't want to give it back!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:23:00 AM , Anonymous Tanya (aka. Miss Cherry Lipz) said...

Hi there! Again, so good to meet you in NY:) Did I mention that I have been following your blog for a year and a half by now? :) Your style and writing really take me back to my six months stay in Vancouver, Canada in 2006 - and to my almost weekly visits to Addition Elle! Haha, I reeeeally love that brand! Can't wait for your next post! And btw, your dress for Saturday evening was the bomb! So jealous! Hope you and Peter had a great night out with Miss Graham and hubby!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:30:00 AM , Anonymous Evans said...

Love your post, Karen! We wish it was FFFWeek all over again. So great to meet you!

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:05:00 AM , Anonymous Jullianna B said...

Great post! Personally, I'm really impressed! I love the way you write your blogs!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:28:00 PM , Anonymous Crystal said...

I think you look glam and gorg and stunning!!! Wow!!!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dress was absolutely stunning! You looked so beautiful. Great photos of the fashion show, too! Thanks!

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:08:00 AM , Blogger geetabix said...

How did I miss this post? Your dress is incredible! Everyone looks fantastic. You must have had such a good time.

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:30:00 AM , Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:08:00 AM , Blogger Nichole said...

Your dress is amazing, wow!

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:47:00 AM , Blogger Wait Until The Sunset said...

This was such a super fun night! It was awesome meeting you! xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home