This page has moved to a new address.

#Jeansdujour - Colour Blocking for Fall with Addition Elle's Denim Jeans

Curvy Canadian: #Jeansdujour - Colour Blocking for Fall with Addition Elle's Denim Jeans

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

#Jeansdujour - Colour Blocking for Fall with Addition Elle's Denim Jeans

It's #jeansdujour time, and I thought I would share with you some of my tips for successfully colour blocking this Fall using coloured jeans. Addition Elle has all sorts of colours of jeans for curvy women in stock right now, so it's a great time to take a second look at this trend of colour blocking and try it out for yourself!

What is colour blocking? Well, really the term itself is quite self-explanatory - you wear clothing that creates blocks of colour on your body. Usually you'll want to avoid wearing patterns/prints while colour blocking, as it tends to take away from the sophisticated simplicity of the look, which is really the essence of what makes colour blocking so great.

In my first colour blocking outfit below, I've created a bold look using a primary colour (royal blue), black, and white. These Love and Legend Skinny Leg Jeans in Royal Blue are the perfect bottom to make a statement and to colour block with. I paired the bold blue with a more subtle black and white so not to overdo it with colour. The sophisticated cut of the blazer (and especially the large notches on the lapel and peplum waist) and the geometric shapes used in the jewellery give the look a slightly edgy, fashion-forward vibe.

Jeans, ring, and camisole- c/o Addition Elle/Blazer - ASOS Curve/Shoes - Rainbow/Necklace and Earrings- New Look/Purse - Random store on 6th and 36th in NYC










If bright primaries are not for you, I totally get it. You can still accomplish colour blocking using a more muted, subdued palate. In the look below, I combine rose, moss, aubergine, tan, and gold to create a more earthy, bohemian interpretation of colour blocking. The amazing colour of the Love and Legend Coated Skinny Jean in Black Cherry is absolutely perfect for Autumn!

Jeans and Bracelet- c/o Addition Elle/Top - store in Pacific Mall/Cape - ASOS Curve/Shoes - CBX/Sunglasses - Forever 21/Earrings - Vintage











So, what about you? Have you tried colour blocking before? Which look do you prefer, the bolder, edgier look, or the soft and romantic bohemian?



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:50:00 AM , Blogger Darci said...

I really love your boots/booties in outfit two, but I love the contrast of the white and blue

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2012 8:28:00 PM , Blogger Mz. T said...

I really liked the first look. That blue pops.

 
At Friday, August 09, 2013 4:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to come out of lurk mode to express just how darn clever that pink top is. I just...I saw it, and then I moved on, and then I double took. What a lovely, clever design.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home