This page has moved to a new address.

The navabi 2012 Curvy Blog Award

Curvy Canadian: The navabi 2012 Curvy Blog Award

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The navabi 2012 Curvy Blog Award

Hey Guys!

I have a really big favour to ask of all of you! navabi, this really awesome website that offers the most amazing plus size designer fashion, is hosting the very first Curvy Blog Award. The grand prize is a trip for two to London Fashion Week in February 2013, a meet-and-greet with one of my all-time favourite designers, Anna Scholz, and 500 euros to spend on navabi's website for a beautiful designer dress. Needless to say, the stakes are super high, and I really, really, really need to win this one!!! I would love to cover this event, and attend London's first ever Plus Size Fashion Weekend (where I can also provide you all with great coverage and maybe make some new UK designer contacts for my new store, Your Big Sister's Closet (and you all know how great UK fashion is - they're always at least a season or two ahead of us in trends!).

I really need to win this one for my hubby, Peter. Peter and I met when we were both still in high school, and we've been through so much together. He went to work to help put me through University, and he has been working hard ever since. I've travelled a few places as a part of my studies (with him always providing the financial support necessary for me to go) but he himself has never had the opportunity to travel at all outside North America. After all he's done for me, I really want to win this one for us so I can show him all the amazing things I was able to see in Europe as a result of all his hard work. He really deserves it, and I am going to do absolutely everything I can to get us there. That's where you guys come in! PLEASE VOTE. It only takes a moment or two of your time, and it has the possibility of being life-altering for us. I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life who cares so much for me, and loves me, and who has taken (and continues to take) such good care of me. If I can do this one small thing for him, and show him some of the beauty that his hard work has allowed me to see, I will be so happy!

Peter and I in a photo booth back when we first met as teenagers - (notice my nineties grunge style with the crazy brown-red lip and the denim overalls! LOL)
Peter and I just before the prom.
Peter and I after my University graduation. He had a huge part in me being able to get my degree.
Peter and I this past summer....
To vote, (please please vote!!!!) just click the link below and I am #61. Click the little dot beside my name and hit submit, and I will love you all forever and ever. You can vote once from each device you have (so say you have a laptop, desktop, and a smart phone, you could vote from all three). Please vote as many times as you can. I really appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!!

http://blog.navabi.co.uk/en/voting-curvy-blog-award-2012/

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 12, 2012 3:02:00 PM , Blogger chantalhab said...

I voted for you - good luck!

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for you too! Too bad we can only vote once. I hope you win :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home